Medicare 101: An Overview of the A, B, C, and Ds of Medicare
- The A B C’s of Medicare: Everything you need to know
- What is Medicare, am I eligible and how do I enroll?
- What does Medicare cover?
- How much does it cost?
- Which path should I choose – Medigap Supplement Insurance or Medicare Advantage Plan?
- How about Prescription Drug coverage?
- Financial Assistance Programs to help with Medicare costs
There will be a 15 minute Q & A at the end of the presentation.
About the Presenter:
Kathy Sarmiento has been working for the Alliance for Aging for fifteen years. The Alliance for Aging is the non-profit Area Agency on Aging for Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties in Florida. In her role as the SHINE Liaison, Kathy manages the all aspects of the free SHINE Medicare counseling program. Kathy also manages the Benefits Enrollment Center at the Alliance for Aging. The Benefits Enrollment Center is a grant from the National Council on Aging to provide five core benefits to financially needy Medicare beneficiaries. Those five core benefits are Medicaid, food assistance, assistance paying for Medicare, Prescription Drug assistance and assistance paying the light bill.
Technical Tips to Join Meeting:
- This is a web-only meeting, accessed only by your internet connection. Participants are encouraged to use the web link automatically provided after registration and to use computer speakers (and/or headsets if available) to hear the audio portion of the meeting. Please log in at least ten minutes prior to the start of the webinar.
- Please ensure you have an updated version of Adobe Flash Player (Google Chrome has Flash built-in).
- If you are using a mobile device or tablet, in order to view and hear the conference, download the ReadyTalk App from your App store.
We cannot provide individual medical advice during this webcast. Information provided in this webcast is not intended as a substitute for your physician’s guidance and care.