This year’s Life Fest conference was held July 13th–15th at the Downtown Miami Hilton in Florida.
As we look back on the event and GIST Awareness Day, once again we are grateful for all the support of this amazing community.
Highlights of Life Fest included:
- The first Pediatric/SDH-Deficient Research Symposium and our inaugural GIST DO IT walk.
- We honored the “best of the best” with our award ceremony, and were educated and informed by the leading GIST experts from around the globe.
- We laughed, and cried together, sharing our strength, hope, and experiences.
- GIST Awareness Day once again showcased the creativity of advocacy groups and patients from around the globe.
- Executive Director, Norman Scherzer, discussed our “unfinished business” and highlighted our exciting new solution.
We dedicate this issue to the memory of Ted Wolf and Elsie Hernández, two GIST warriors who exemplify the courage and dedication of our members.
Enjoy the issue and be sure to visit our website for an expanded gallery of photos here.
For more information about Life Fest 2018, click here.